Easy Direct Debits
- We’re a small, fast-paced, fast-growing company that helps our clients (veterinary practices) manage pet healthcare plans on behalf of their customers.
- Working with our sister company VetSuccess from the same open-plan office in Bournemouth, we help veterinary practice owners double (or even triple) their recurring revenue. Our relentless focus is on Making Life Easier.
- Our online portal helps vets manage their healthcare plans and collect recurring payments from their clients in a way that had never previously been done.
- Our industry-leading software platform serves businesses and their customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
You are a highly experienced and skilled full-stack software engineer, with the ability to produce client-ready applications with minimal oversight, built using established design patterns and high quality, self-documenting code. You work effectively on your own or as part of a team, providing accurate estimates, meeting deadlines, and contributing to the success of a business.
You enjoy learning and implementing new technologies and are always on the lookout for improvements to performance and user experience, but are also aware of the risks of premature optimisation and refactoring for its own sake. You test your code thoroughly, using both manual and automated testing approaches.
- Strong object-oriented CFML experience
- Strong experience with test automation (eg: unit testing).
- Strong experience maintaining and building on existing legacy applications
- Strong experience designing and developing new web applications / web services.
- Thorough knowledge of design principles such as MVC, SOLID and a good understanding of common design patterns
- Experience with CFWheels
- Experience with TDD practices
- Familiarity with Dockerised development environments
- Experience with or exposure to Kotlin for server-side development
- Experience with another language over and above CFML for application development
- Preparedness to learn Kotlin on the job if no previous experience
- Familiarity with Agile principles, and experience delivering value in an Agile fashion
Successful applicants share our values:
Proactivity, Trustworthiness and Compassion
- Proactivity: you act without being told what to do. You look for opportunities to complete one more step of any given task, and in doing so make a colleague’s / client’s life a little bit easier. You bring new ideas to the company and are enthusiastic about our continued improvement in our quest to Make Life Easier.
- Trustworthiness: you don’t cut corners as far as ethics are concerned. You earn trust and maintain confidences. You do what is right, not just what is politically expedient. You speak plainly and truthfully.
- Compassion: you are respectful to all, always. You are supportive and comforting when appropriate. Good service is a given: you cannot abide poor customer service.
- Our office is based in Bournemouth, but this is a remote-first position.
- Our office hours are 9am to 5.30pm, with half an hour for lunch
- Competitive salary
- You’ll start with 20 days’ holiday per year and will receive an additional day per year, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Does this sound like the role for you?
- Are you ready to grow with us?
- Can you see an opportunity here for this role to help you further your professional and personal goals?
- If so, we’d would love to hear from you and to arrange an initial chat on the phone.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and write a short note about why you are right for this role. Please include the words ‘Senior Application Developer’ in your email subject line.